Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The traveler

A picture may say a thousand words, but these words could not be shown in a picture (unless I scanned them I guess). Please take a couple of minutes to read this.

This is a short story written in English by one of the 3rd grade Jnr. High students in the school I am at this year (14/15 years old). She writes something this leangth almost every day it seems.
All spelling and punctuation as written.

There was a man. He was a traveler. But he was a very credulous.
One day he met an old woman.
She said “Excuse me. Could you give me some money? I want to meet my son. Tomorrow is his birthday. But I don’t have monny to go to him.”
The traveler said “Sure. Please go early. Your son will be happy.” And the traveler gave her money all.
The old woman cried and said “Thank you”.
The traveler cried, too. And said “I’m glad to have been of help.”
The old woman went away.
But she went to a hot spring with her son.
But the traveler didn’t know that.
He was happy.

One day the traveler met a woman. She said “Excuse me. Could you give me your clothes? My daughter is a slight illness. She feels cold. But we don’t have money to buy clothes.”
The traveler said, “Sure, I hope your daughter become fine.” And he gave her his clothes.
The woman cried and said “Thank you”.
The traveler cried, too. And said “Don’t worry. Please tell her that you’ll recover.”
The woman went away.
But she used it to make a floorcloth.
A little girl was playing at the womans house.
But the traveler didn’t know that.
He was happy.

The traveler became a naked body.
He was ashamed. So he began a trip in a forest. In a forest he met a demon.
The demon said “Could you give me your eye. My children are hungry.”
The traveler said “Sure, I’ll give you both of eyes. Please take early. They’ll be happy.”
The demon cried and said “Thank you.”
The traveler cried, too. And said, “I hope your children grow up to be a fine young.”
The demon went away.
But the demon ate them for oneself.
But the traveler didn’t know that.
He was happy.


He met other many demon. But he continue to give them his body’s piece.
And at last he had a head only.
One day he met a demon.
The demon said, “I’ll give you a present out of pity.”
The traveler cried and said “Thank you so much. This is the first time I am gave a present.”
The demon said, “You’re welcome.”
And the demon went away. The traveler was happy. But he could not see it because he didn’t have eyes.
The present was a paper. And it was written “You are a fool.”
But he didn’t know that.
He was happy.
He dead after a while. But he was happy.

No comments: